Reply To: Alan Watts on The Secret

Home Forums Introvert Spirituality Alan Watts on The Secret Reply To: Alan Watts on The Secret

therabbit
Participant
Up
Down
::

I was meditating at about 9 – 10 pm. I felt an urge to go outside into the backyard, so I did.

I laid down on my back, looking up into the night sky.

My mind slowly but surely started opening up, accelerating in speed, until *boom*, I felt like I was “one” with the whole universe. I felt connected to everything; emotionally, spiritually.

The Milky Way was glowing amazingly, it was how you see the Milky Way when you’re out in the country on a clear night, but I was in the suburbs of a city. It felt like there was little distance between me and the Milky Way; like there was a bridge connecting us both.

The feeling was of profound connection to something amazing. It was like a 20x more powerful feeling than everyday reality.

I heard what sounded like the most startling wolf growl I’ve ever heard, but when things died down, I realized it was the next-door neighbour’s dog’s noise being amplified.

I’ve not been able to meditate very well since, and have never experienced the same thing again, but I will never forget it.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Want to be a better Introvert?

Be notified when we write about Art, Careers, Happiness, Health, Hobbies, Music, or On Being an Introvert.

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!