For as long as I can remember, and seemingly for all of human history, being an extrovert was better. They sweet-talked their way into promotions, relationships, and in and out of trouble. They made rooms erupt with laughter and shared beers with their bosses and coworkers.
Being “better” at a job was no sure way to get promoted. The job/girl/house/best slice of pie went to the loudest and most charming.
Read on for:
- A World No Longer Ruled by the Loudest
- Top-Paying Careers Benefit the Quiet
- Counter Argument: Ambiverts Are the Perfect Mix
- Tech Companies Take Over
- Counter-Argument: Companies Still Need Extroverts for Promotion
- White-Collar Life Goes Home
- Counter-Argument: Clear Communication Is Still Necessary
Welcome To The Reign Of Introverts